Are TOR steel and HYSD steel the same or different?
TOR steel is HYSD I.e. High yield strength deformed bar. The name infers it has similarly higher quality than mild steel. HYSD and TOR steel bars are immensely famous in the construction industry. Although all of them undergo thermal and mechanical treatments during their assembling, the principal distinction between these two bars lies in the specific technique for production.
- HYSD is utilized where rigidity necessities are high. HYSD is progressively weak relying upon the carbon content. They are graded as Fe415, Fe500 ie Fe 415, and Fe 500. TOR is a type of HYSD steel where the steel bars go for the compulsory heat treatment process and cold twisted deformed. Such deformations grant better return solidarity to steel and make bonds with the solid. There is the least slippage in cement and it makes high yielding strength deformed bars have more yield quality than mild steel however are a lot inclined to disfigurements than TMT steel bars.
- TMT bars have preferred better corrosion resistant properties than HYSD bars because of quick rapid quenching and tempering in the manufacturing process. TMT bars have a more grounded outside layer when contrasted with HYSD due to bendable microstructure at the center and hard crystalline outside the surface of TMT steel. HYSD bars additionally incorporate TOR steel bars and CTD steel bars. Both TOR bars and HYSD bars are delivered utilizing temperature inclinations.
- The expense HYSD bars are roughly equivalent to mild steel yet the utilization of HYSD bars prompts the general economy as the measure of steel required is less, because of its higher quality. A great deal of steel (around 40 million tons) has been spared in India, since 1967, due to the substitution of mild steel by the TOR steel.
- Transportation cost is high
- Resistant to corrosion
- Surface flaws in twisting normally
- Lesser ductility
- Steel consumption heavyweight
- Low tensile strength
USES OF HYSD AND TOR BARS:
HEAT TREATMENT PROCESS:
HYSD steel goes through heat treatments a lot like TMT bars, however, the means following this are totally extraordinary. HYSD bars are made under heat treatment. During the HYSD bar manufacturing post-heat-treatment process, steel bars are either heat rolled or cold turned for molding. Ensuring the heat treatment procedure, the heated rods are shaped through heat rolling or cold twisting. Consequently, HYSD bars are likewise exposed to different sorts of mechanical and thermal treatment. TOR is really the contraction of a steel organization in Luxembourg, which has gotten equivalent to CTD, the short type of cold twisted deformed steel. TOR is fundamentally a kind of HYSD steel, which experiences cold winding and distortion following the heat treatment. TOR bars have surface deformations, which are made subsequent to getting the pole through a stretching procedure. The distortions furnish better bondage with concrete, while the elongation of rod improves the yield quality. Inferable from the surface mishappenings, slippage in concrete is limited and the two materials follow all the more emphatically. Two kinds of TOR steel bars are accessible. They are Fe-415 and Fe-500. The number related to the assignment shows the elasticity of the bar in n/mm2. These bars are given rib disfigurement on a superficial level with the goal that the bond among cement and steel improves. These bars are accessible in widths 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, 22, 25, 28 and 32 mm. These days these bars are replacing mild steel bars as reinforcement since their quality in tension and bond is higher.
They can also be utilised as windbreaks.
TOR bars are steel bars that meet acceptable quality criteria and are used for broad uses such as road construction, building structures, and bridge construction. The significant distinction between the three sorts of steel bars lies in their procedure of assembling. TMT bars experience water extinguishing while the tor and the HYSD bars experience further cold twisting or heat rolling.